District 16 T/OT Bargaining Unit is accepting applications from members that identify as Black for the position of Anti-Black Racism Officer.
This is a full-time release position working out of the District Office in Newmarket.
Duties and Responsibilities
It shall be the duty of the Anti-Black Racism Officer to:
- Chair the Black Caucus Committee
- Attend all meetings of the Teacher/OT Bargaining Unit Executive and Teacher/OT Unit Council;
- Be responsible for developing and organizing Anti-Black Racism and anti-oppressive training for District Teacher/OT Executive, Teacher/OT Council and members at large;
- Engage in the facilitation of dismantling Anti-Black Racism and systemic oppression; engage with Board Human Resources departments, Human Rights departments, and Grievance Committee; and, assist in the work on equity for the District;
- Liaise with OSSTF D16 Teacher/OT Executive, Teacher/OT Council, the OSSTF/FEESO Provincial Equity Officer and York Region District School Board to dismantle Anti-Black Racism;
- Liaise with York Region Black community leaders, Youth groups within the York Region community, Labour partners and York Region District School Board on Anti-Black Racism.
Skills and Abilities Needed
- Demonstrated competencies: including collaborative leadership, conflict resolution skills, planning & organizing, time management, and decision making.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships, resolve and/or mediate conflict and deliver information and presentations to Committees, OSSTF Members, and Community and Labour groups.
- Superior planning, coordination and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- D16 T/OT Member in good standing.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Access to a vehicle.
Anyone applying should submit a resume to D16.Office@osstfd16.on.ca with the heading “Anti-Black Racism Officer Application” by 16:00 on November 30, 2020.
Interviews will be scheduled for December 8, 2020.
**Contact the D16 Office via email email@example.com or by phone 905-836-5954**