District 16 OSSTF is accepting applications for the position of District Executive Officer.
This is a full-time release position working out of the District Office in Newmarket.
- Knowledge of Federation structures, Constitutions, parliamentary procedures policies and practices as evidenced by successful service in working with members.
- Knowledge of YRDSB Policies and the D16 T/OT BU Collective Agreement specifically but not limited to leaves including SEB, absences, progressive discipline, grievance and the arbitration process.
- Demonstrated competencies including leadership, superior negotiation skills, integrity, mediation skills, planning & organizing, time management, and decision making.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships, resolve and/or mediate conflict and deliver information and presentations to Committees, members, and Labour groups.
- Superior planning, coordination and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- At least 5 years of experience working for OSSTF.
- D16 OSSTF Member in good standing.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Access to a vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Oversee management of the affairs of the District 16 Office, Executive and Council.
- Be the lead contact for the D16 T/OT BU Disability Management and Attendance Management Programs.
- Provide member support and assist in the delivery of information regarding retirement and pensions, benefits (including LTD) and leaves.
- Act as an assistant to the Treasurer (including providing budgetary support, administer daily finances of the office such as paying bills, tracking expenses, making deposits, etc.,)
- Liaise with the District 16 Office Condo Board, YRDSB Administration, Labour Groups and OSSTF Provincial Office.
- Act as a member of the District 16 T/OT BU Grievance Committee.
- Keep accurate minutes of all District 16 T/OT BU Executive and Council meetings and the AGM.
Anyone interested should submit a resume to D16.Office@osstfd16.on.ca with the heading “DEO Application” by 16:00 on November 13, 2020.
Interviews will be scheduled for November 19, 2020.
**Contact the D16 Office via email email@example.com or by phone 905-836-5954**