As of April 2020 the Benevolent Fund has been discontinued, due to the current events and circumstances.
D16 T/OT (Teacher/Occasional Teacher) has formed a District 16 T/OT Strike Action Benevolent Fund Committee, which consists of three D16 Executive members.
- The purpose of the fund is to aid active members of the D16 T/OT who are in ‘extreme, unpredictable’ financial distress incurred by the rotating single day full day strikes
- The committee will be making decisions to authorize a non-repayable grant depending on the circumstances outlined in the application – in the form of a gift card (s) to a maximum of $250
- A copy of Committee meeting minutes, which authorize grants will be shared with the District 16 Executive. These minutes will indicate the amount of the grant
- The Committee will investigate all requests, and will determine the amount of the grant to be provided
- Following the conclusion of strike action, all the members’ confidential information will be destroyed
- Any active member of D16 T/OT can fill out a fund application and submit it to the Committee, or may be referred to the Committee by an active member of D16 T/OT
- We encourage that you explore other available financial options, including applying for an Educators Financial Group Line of Credit (https://educatorsfinancialgroup.ca/borrowing/loans/)
- Submit all completed forms by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax (905-836-6210), or in person to the District Office
- Members will be informed by email from the committee about the decisions and a follow up contact phone call from the District Executive Officer, Gerry Harrison