Member Engagement Funds
Do you have an idea for a Member Engagement Activity?
D16 is committed to promoting member engagement throughout the district. Activities can be in-school social gatherings, off-site social events, or political/information sessions that help members better understand the workings of OSSTF, both provincially and in the District.
If you have an idea for a Member Engagement Activity and would like to access Member Engagement Funds, complete the application below and return it to the D16 office for approval. Funding will be limited to a maximum of $500 for a social event AND $500 for a political/information event. With the Branch limit of $1,000 per school year.
Here are some examples of past activities/events from the 2018-2019 school year (FYI: this is not an exhaustive list, and there are more suggestions on the application forms below)
1. Food orientated – Staff breakfast, staff lunches, holiday gathering at school, member’s home or local restaurant, morning drop-in’s for coffee and treats - 2 or 3 times a semester
2. Baseball or theatre outings (reduce the price of the ticket)
3. End of year golf tourney
4. Wellness initiatives – exercise or meditation after school
5. Escape rooms/Axe throwing – limitation concerns to how many members may attend
1. Morning/lunch/after school sessions on issue of concern - hosted by Branch President or Political Action representative
2. Having person come in from D16 Office or expert to aid with social media presence and logistics/professionalism
3. Development of SWAG for your members (i.e. No Cuts To Education shirts)
4. Letter or email-writing campaign to local MPPs
5. Visiting local members MPP’s offices (after school)
Business: 905-836-5954 Extension 25