PROFESSIONAL, CONFIDENTIAL ASSISTANCE SERVICES
In an ideal world, all our experiences would be happy ones. However, as much as we may aspire to good physical and mental health, sometimes we have difficulty resolving certain problems that can affect our well-being. The Posaction® Plus assistance service, offers you and your spouse and dependants professional support by guiding you through a problem-solving process. Our services will help you overcome your problems so you can get back to feeling like yourself again.
OTIP LTD Group Insurance Contract number 48054-902
EXAMPLES OF SITUATIONS COVERED BY THE SERVICE
• You are having trouble managing your stress.
• You are having trouble producing the same amount and quality of work as before.
• You are having trouble handling your responsibilities.
• Your personal problems are preventing you from functioning normally.
• You often feel overwhelmed by events.
• You are becoming more irritable for no apparent reason.
• You are feeling less energetic.
• You tend to see only the negative side of situations.
• Your motivation at work isn't what it used to be.
• You are away from work more frequently due to illness.
Confidential psychosocial assistance service
Problem-solving services to help improve your health and well-being
• Free access to professional resources
• An appointment for face-to-face psychosocial counselling within a few days of your call
• Assistance available 24/7 to help you resolve work-related, personal, family or dependency problems
If you're having trouble resolving a problem, meeting with a professional can help you deal with the reactions and emotions that affect your sense of well-being.
• Stress, burnout
• Problems adapting to change or to certain duties
• Interpersonal problems and conflict with co-workers or supervisors
• Loss of interest in work, etc.
• Sleep disturbances
• Loss of self-esteem
• Stress, fatigue, overwork
• Depression, isolation
• Bereavement, etc.
• Relationship issues
• Problems caused by a separation or divorce
• Family communication problems
• Parenting problems
• Difficulties associated with a blended family
• Difficulties associated with being a caregiver, etc.
• Abuse of alcohol, drugs or medication
• Compulsive gambling, Internet or video game addiction, etc.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE SERVICE?
The Posaction® Plus assistance service is part of your group insurance contract, and is available to insured members/employees.
HOW MANY HOURS ARE COVERED?
The psychosocial counselling service provides up to 12 hours of counselling per contract year as necessary.
IS THE SERVICE CONFIDENTIAL?
Confidentiality is a key component of the Posaction® Plus service. All network counsellors are members of a recognized professional association, and as such, must comply with Canadian and provincial legislation regarding the protection of personal information. They are also bound by the code of ethics of their profession. No information regarding the use of these services may be disclosed to anyone without the user's express written authorization.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE SERVICE?
Simply call the toll-free number: 1.800.668.0193.
Quote this OTIP LTD Group Insurance Contract number 48054-902
Your call is completely confidential. Someone is available to open your file 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
NO OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES
The Posaction® Plus assistance service is included in your group insurance contract.
There are no out-of-pocket expenses for using the services, and no receipts to submit.